Theta Delta Sigma is a national organization. This means that all of our chapters and members have pledged to live by the values and principles of our ritual. It doesn't matter where the chapter is located or the status of the member, all must meet these expectations. Being a Theta is about more than just wearing letters and attending events.
A True Theta is:
- Committed to the Society
- Financially Responsible
- Scholastically Oriented
- Socially Acceptable
A Classic Chapter
The Classic Chapter is a reference for what a collegiate Theta Delta Sigma chapter should strive for in the indicated areas. It is intended as a guide and not an evaluative tool. A Classic chapter:
- complies with all aspects of the Law of Theta Delta Sigma and holds all members accountable.
- adheres to all campus and local policies and procedures
- meets all financial obligations and never exceeds 30 days in arrearages.
- practices 365-day recruitment and takes new members at least once each academic semester.
- operates most effectively and efficiently with 10+ undergraduates.
- achieves a GPA higher than the All Undergraduate GPA on campus each semester.
- graduates 100% of its undergraduates.
- initiates 90% of associates and retains 90% of initiates thru graduation.
- organizes at least two global philanthropic service endeavors each school year.
- participates in most relevant campus activities/organizations and takes a leadership role in many.
- acts responsibly and treats others with dignity and respect.
- builds relationships with alumni, families, faculty, and staff.
- supports the chapters of Theta Delta Sigma and other fraternal organizations.
- lives the ritual and values of Theta Delta Sigma Society, Inc. daily.